Winners across 16 categories were announced at the annual Irish Pharmacy Awards this month. Each year Irish Pharmacy News, Ireland’s only independent monthly publication for community pharmacy, celebrates and acknowledges the achievements of teams and individuals within the pharmacy profession.
To the public, community pharmacy is the most accessible face of the healthcare service.
Pharmacy teams play a pivotal role as a community and health asset across Ireland. High quality public health and clinical interventions drive delivery that is focused on prevention, health improvement and protection of local communities.
The 8th annual Irish Pharmacy Awards took place on Saturday, May 18th 2019. Hosted by Colm O’Regan, the awards ceremony took place in the Clayton hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin.
The Irish Pharmacy Awards recognise the achievements of individuals and teams working in the community pharmacy sector; their dedication and innovation which positions the profession at the forefront of healthcare, improving the lives of people across the country.
Crossing boundaries and fostering partnerships and team-working across community pharmacy, they represent a unique and high-profile opportunity to celebrate the outstanding accomplishments of Ireland’s pharmacy professionals, in the core pursuits of pharmacy: excellence in health and innovation.
Natalie Maginnis, Managing Director with IPN Communications said, “These Awards are considered to be the most prestigious in the industry. Every year we see huge increases in the quality and quantity of submissions, which is why winning one of these awards is so coveted.
“On behalf of IPN Communications, I would like to congratulate all of this year’s finalists and winners. The Irish Pharmacy Awards are about recognising these pharmacy professionals and their teams showcasing excellence and dedication and we are delighted to be able to hear and share their stories, ideas and innovations.”
The Winners in full:
- Category: Pure Pharmacy Recruitment Community Pharmacy Technician of the Year Award – Winner:Samantha Jones, Keane’s CarePlus Pharmacy, Enfield
- Category: McLernon Computers eHealth & Innovation Award – Winner: Hiltons Pharmacy
- Category: Life Pharmacy – Pharmacy Student of the Year Award – Winner: Glenn Ryan, School of Pharmacy, Trinity College Dublin and McCabes Pharmacy Group
- Category: Counter Assistant of the Year Award – Winner: Rose Cummins, Meaghers Pharmacy, Castletymon
- Category: Clonmel Healthcare Business Development (Chain) Award – Winner: Life Pharmacy Group
- Category: United Drug Business Development (Independent) Award – Winner: Commons Road Pharmacy, Navan
- Category: JPA Brenson Lawlor Young Community Pharmacist of the Year Award – Winner: Cormac Black, McCabes Pharmacy, Swords
- Category: GSK Self Care Award – Winner: Remedi IFSC Pharmacy, Dublin
- Category: KBC Business Banking – Innovation & Service Development (Chain) Award – Winner: Boots Ireland
- Category: Sudocrem Children Baby Health Pharmacy of the Year Award – Winner: Keane’s CarePlus Pharmacy, Mullingar
- Category: RB Nurofen Rapid Relief OTC Retailer of the Year Award – Winner: Boots Ireland
- Category: AYA Vitamins Category Development Award – Winner: CarePlus Pharmacy Group
- Category: Sanofi Pharmaton People’s Pharmacist Award – Winner: Audrey Kingston, Chemco Pharmacy, Co Laois
- Category: Teva Superintendent Pharmacist of the Year Award – Winner: Ola El-Garawany, Lilly’s Pharmacy & Health Store, Ratoath
- Category: Medi Marshal Community Pharmacist of the Year Award – Winner: Jonathon Morrissey, Marron’s Pharmacy, Clane
- Category: 4Front Pharmacy & IPN Community Pharmacy Team of the Year Award – Winner: McCauley Health & Beauty Pharmacy, Tralee
View all the photos from the event here: www.irishpharmacyawards.ie