New for 2018 this award recognises the stars of the next generation of the pharmacy profession.
As well as educating in the fundamentals of pharmacy, the degree course prepares future pharmacists to ensure that medicines are used safely and rationally to improve the lives of patients. As drug and medicine experts these new pharmacists will become vital members of the healthcare industry in both community and hospital settings. This award seeks to recognise a pharmacy student of exceptionally high calibre who has exceeded the expectations of their tutors and mentors.
Judges will be looking for:
- A student whose actions demonstrate the highest academic and ethical standards.
- Evidence of thorough preparation for patient-focused roles in healthcare provision.
- An individual who has developed scientific, administrative, supervisory and counselling skills to the highest standard.
- Demonstration of exceptional judgement and maturity.
- An excellent understanding of the relationship with the public for both prescribed and non-prescription drugs and medicines.
- A genuine commitment to life-long learning.
- An individual who is proactively working on their own initiative to use their skills on an extra-curricular level.
Who can Enter?
This category is opened to final year undergraduate students from Trinity Collge, UCC and RSCI Schools of Pharmacy. Students may be nominated by their tutor, head of school or placement mentor.
All entries will be judged by an independent panel of experts.
The finalists will be announced in the May 2018 edition of Irish Pharmacy News.