This award aims to recognise the specialist knowledge and expertise of pharmacies such as first aid, derma skincare or vitamins, minerals and supplements.
Applications are sought from those who can demonstrate exceptional development and management of a particular category in pharmacy. Successful category management goes beyond knowledge of top-selling products, this role is about optimising retail performance through a group of products managed as a distinct business unit.
Judges will be looking for:
- A demonstration of unique specialist knowledge and expertise in this category.
- Demonstration of an identified need within the pharmacy community and details of the project implementation process from conception to resolution, including design and implementation.
- An understanding of shopper behaviour and demographic and how these have been used to advance knowledge of the category.
- Evidence of space planning, range analysis, market data analysis and interpretation. Development of category reviews and management of category partnerships.
- Evidence of successful staff training strategies and their implementation and monitoring.
- The measurable benefits from a project or initiative – including financial data where possible. These can include statistics that will demonstrate added value, profits, customer satisfaction, increased productivity or any other benefit relevant to the project.
Who can Enter?
All pharmacy teams working in both independent and multiple or group sectors. Applications can be made through third-party nominations or by individuals.
All entries will be judged by an independent panel of experts.
The finalists will be announced in the May 2018 edition of Irish Pharmacy News.